Thursday, October 12, 2006

Magic Erasers Rock!!!!

Tonight, I got the crazy urge to pull out my newly bought Magic Erasers. If you have never tried one, oh baby, you need to, especially if you have little hands that attract dirt, jelly, peanut butter, chocolate milk, and well, you get the idea. Todd came into the kitchen and said, "it looks like you painted in here." I actually felt really good hearing him say that. It does look like a new kitchen. This means only one thing: my cabinets were filthy! And they're white, so I'd clean one and then see how absolutely disgusting the next one was, so I couldn't stop until the whole kitchen and some walls had received some long overdue attention.

Would that we could have a "magic eraser" for the moments in life that we'd like to forget about and erase. That would be so great, wouldn't it? Well actually, we do. "We" being those in Christ. He erases our mistakes and aren't we so thankful for that. Those stains that go deep into our lives, he took them away. Praise God! Isn't that something we should want every person we know or don't know to have that knowledge? I mean, I wanted everyone to go out and buy a magic eraser. Because they work. Really. And Jesus' blood, really works. He really did take away the sins of man. As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us....Hallelujah!!!! And we don't have to do the "scrubbing", we just receive the blessing and absolute freedom from "dirt". God is amazing. And since we already know this about him, we must share that with those that don't.

I'm curious, how is God using you lately to share the "good news" with others?

Blessings...

8 comments:

tim rush said...

The majic eraser made me think of the majic chalk they had in Russia. You could draw a line on the wall, go into the next room and hear the cock roaches falling like flies... or like cock roaches, I guess. I didn't get to see it myself, I was told after I had been in my apartment for about a month. Ends up, they got my apartment on the cheap as the old woman who lived there before was found dead in it... she wasn't found for a long time.

Sorry, no spiritual connection. Just a story.

flee said...

Tim..

I've never heard of such a thing...not even in Slovakia. I like your stories..even when they have no spiritual connection!

Rachel said...

Isn't it wonderful, the power in His blood! Love ya Flee.

Angie said...

I wondered if those magic erasers would be a worthwhile purchase! I'm gonna check 'em out!

Have you heard Chris Rice's song, "Magic Wand?" Your post brought it to my mind...

As far as sharing Him with my world... For the first time I think I'm sharing my enjoyment of Him with people. I had to transition from being so overly focused on creating conversations meant to lead people to Christ... In that way I was sorta attempting to orchestrate something that God does much better than me.

Now it's just so much easier... whereas it felt daunting before (due to self-imposed expectations).

I'm really humbled...

Lara said...

Today in the waiting room (waiting to go in to find out my strep throat was back and wanting a 3rd round of antibiotics) this disheveled man and woman were waiting as well.

I'm too ashamed to say what went through my mind about them. But minutes later, as I waited with throbbing tonsils, I overheard the man and receptionist. Turns out this couple's 18 yr old son is at Children's in LR with a severed spinal cord injury from a car wreck--just riding home from school with a friend a few weeks ago. Lives forever changed. My heart was broken. I wanted to go over and pray over them, with them, speak words of comfort. But knowing I might have strep and fearing the sound of ripping velcro as I imagined myself being ripped from my comfort zone, I couldn't move.

But the Holy Spirit kept prompting me to do SOMETHING. I whipped out a scrap of paper and a pencil and started writing Mr. and Mrs. Griffin a note. It wasn't elaborate or full of scripture, but it was from my heart. I passed him the note and said a word on my way back to the doctor (as I started crying). I just couldn't stop crying for them.

It reminds me so strongly that we rarely know what's going on in the lives of those with whom we come in contact every day. The hurt and anguish many are going through put my pitiful complaints to shame.

What the Griffins wouldn't do for that Magic Eraser right now. Maybe they already have a relationship with Christ and maybe they don't. I'm going to be praying for them either way.

P.S. I didn't fall over dead. And I didn't NOT do something because I was unsure of the PERFECT thing to do. Those were big steps for me today. Praise the Lord for His grace and mercy to me a sinner.

flee said...

Rachel...We take it for granted too often...I know I do.

Angie..no I haven't heard that song before. Where could I listen to it? And isn't it great when we are peace with ourselves and with God, and while walking with him, his presence, peace, and goodness to US just overflows? It is so much easier than we sometimes make it out to be. I love the place your heart is at. Thanks for sharing that.

Lara...thanks for sharing that story. Thank you for acting on the prompt of the Holy Spirit. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me and I didn't act. The other day, I did act and I don't know what this woman's motives were, but Jesus can be the judge of that. I only know that when an opportunity comes our way, we can either be Jesus to someone or not. As I said to my good friend Angie above, the goodness and peace of God, when we are at peace, overflows without much effort. Appreciate you sharing that.

Carolyn said...

Flee,

Nothing spiritual here - just a simple question to find out if these magic erasers would take orange crayola off of the wall. Had an overflow of creative expression from one of the boys this past week. Looking for a solution! What are these things because I wouldn't mind whiter walls without the job of painting them!

Love ya,
Care

flee said...

Care...

You will be happy to know that I have used a magic eraser to remove crayon from a white wall!! It worked for me. I was skeptical but it did work. Let me know how it works out for you.