Monday, March 26, 2007

TULSA ROCKED!

Hey people...wow....Tulsa came and went. Too fast, in my opinion. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's a quick update. At the Tulsa Workshop this past week, many ex-AIMers got together for a sort of reunion. AIM (Adventures in Missions) is a missionary apprentice program that I was privelaged to be a part of. I lived in Kosice, Slovakia for 18 months with a group of missionaries and a team of young people (6 of us). I was blessed with a life changing experience there. So many ex-AIMers and current ones too were together for a few hours on Friday night. We sang and sang and sang some more. It was for me, in a word, overwhelming. My heart was so full, I thought it would burst. I'm thankful for the time I got to catch up with so many. There were so many more that I didn't get to talk to as much as I had intended to. Heather Winter, another time girl! I was really looking forward to seeing you and catching up, but another time. It was good to see your face and hug your neck! Amy G, you are fresh on my mind and I prayed lots of prayers for you and your family on my way home. Please keep me posted on your life!! I love you! Wow...there were so many...I'm thinking of Claire right now. Claire..it would have been so great to see you there! Angie and Selandra..you have no idea how blessed I felt to be able to see you both and to talk and catch up...and to SING! Thank you, again, Angie, for pushing me to come and for taking care of me! Doug...I really enjoyed catching up and am praying for you brother. I could keep going, but I'll stop dropping names. If I got to see you face to face, I loved every minute of it!

I just want you guys to know that I felt so blessed, we all did, I'm sure. I can't understand why God has blessd me so much. It is too much for my mind sometimes to ponder. So...I won't. I receive it, and thank him for it, and allow it to empower me to paying it forward.

Also...some of you may not know this, but I only was able to come because of a very dear friend of mine. My friend, Donna, offered to keep my kids on Friday. She did it because she loves me and she knew how badly I wanted to be there with you all. If you don't know her, someday you will, and you will be blessed for knowing her too.

So...next year, same time, same place. We have to do it again...and make it bigger in number! Thanks Jason and Heather for spearheading that. You guys are awesome and your kids are precious and I love you both!

flee

9 comments:

flee said...

By the way...I forgot to mention this, but Benjy and Care and James and Erin, we all missed you guys being there. You would have all loved it and been so encouraged by being around all those people. I thought about each of you that night...and said a prayer of thanksgiving for you and your families, and remembered the connection we share through Christ, and through AIM. Love you guys...
flee

Carolyn said...

Just a wee bit jealous over here! But at the same time very glad that all of you got to be together. Sounds like it was a great time and I am thankful for that. We would have loved to have been there!

Talk soon,
Care

The Gearharts said...

Flee
It was so good to see you. I know we got to talk some, but I really wanted to get to really talk more. I am so thankful I got to see your face and hug your neck. I am thankful you are my sister! I pray our paths continue to cross through our lives. Thank you for making a long journey, I was so thankful for getting to see you.

Unknown said...

Just a glimpse really...I didn't get my fill of you either!! Another time. San Diego is a great vacation spot! Glad you made it home safely! Love!!

The Harris Family said...

Flee,
I loved what you said about God and His blessing he keeps giving us. When I try to even think about all the blessings, all I can do is fill my heart with thankfulness. I am always overwhelmed at how faithful my Father is even when I know I don't deserve it. We are truley blessed in this life! Also, I just wanted to say thank you to your friend Donna for watching your kids. She gave me a gift by allowing you to be there and she doesn't even know me! So THANKS DONNA! Have a great day Flee!
M-

Anonymous said...

Love you girl, you know that!!
Donna

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good time. I have never been and always wanted to go. Maybe some day! Love ya!

the apprentice said...

Yeah, I guess just seeing people was enough for some of us. Glad to see that things are going well with you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Flee! I appreciate the prayers. It was great getting to see you again too. I'm so glad it worked out for you to be in Tulsa this year. Love ya sis.