Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Asher Thomas Patten...



I just wanted to post some recent pictures of Asher.

The top one is of him with his teacher, Mrs. Barden. He was giving her the Christmas present he made for her: a coffee mug that he painted and decorated himself. I know, I know, you're not supposed to give teachers coffee mugs, but this is our first year. We're all learning. I wanted to say something about Mrs. Barden on here too. It really has been a huge blessing for him to be with her. She really loves him alot. The cool thing about her is she feels that way about all of her kids. She is a great teacher and has been so great with him this year. He enjoys school and works hard. He is reading chapter books now and does so without much hesitation. His confidence has grown alot this year. Thank you Mrs. Barden for all that you do for Asher! We all love you!

The middle one is of him at the Kindergarten box car derby. He won his heat. And of course, he wanted it to be Lightening McQueen! That was a fun day.

The bottom one is just cute. His hair is growing per his request. I don't know how much longer I can hold out though. He is such a good boy. He has his moments like any other boy, but he makes us very proud. I wish I had a picture of him with his dad from this weekend. They ran/walked a 5K race in Little Rock. At first, Asher was not happy about it. It was cold and early in the morning and he was tired. But Todd said that after the first mile, he warmed up and saw how so many people out there were having fun. It was like a party. He really got into it then and would sprint to get ahead of different groups. In the end, he got a medal for finishing which was a BIG deal to him. I'm so proud of him for doing it. They are going to make that a tradition the two of them do. Maybe we'll all join them next year.

I love you Asher buddy!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Flee! He has grown so much! You and Todd are such wonderful parents and should be proud. I always remember Asher's sweet spirit and desire to do good. Thanks for posting pics! What tremendous blessing to watch him grow!
Love,
Lisa

Rachel said...

He is getting so big! He looks grown up in those pictures! Way bigger than a kindergartener! You and Todd are such good parents and your children reflect you, which really is reflecting Christ. What a sweet boy!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Tell that boy Aunt Shauna loves him and that Zane wants to grow his hair out after the pics you sent yesterday! LOL! Tell the girls I love them as well! Sure miss you guys.
~Shauna

Carolyn said...

Very cute! Love the 5K idea - great father & son thing - or hey, the whole family!

How much that Asher has changed from his little bald head - man does time fly! I thought of him the other day because Chase is really loving "Goodnight Moon" and I remember Asher loving it too.

Love ya, Care

Unknown said...

I have been thinking about you...about your time off and how that brings you back to enjoying the true "nature" of our kids. I can tell you have a sweet spot for your boy. You gotta post a picture of your hubby...I see you in your son but I am wondering where he gets that BLOND hair! I love it! Take care Flee and lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding!!! I would LOVE for you to tag along! I am SOOO excited right now....I'm already planning =)

The Gearharts said...

Asher is gorgeous..reminds me of you. You are doing an amazing job. We had youth over last night and I watched flirting and giggling and fun teenage stuff..and it freaked me out a little. Our little people are growing into bigger people and we are going to have teenagers one day. We have a big job.
Amy G

tim rush said...

So cool. I'd never have thought to take Q on such a run. Sounds fun though.

God bless you guys.