Sunday, March 04, 2007

Rested and Recharged..........

I just returned from being away for a night and a couple of days, without my family......I have to say that all mothers should be allowed and forced to do this at least once every few months or once a year. I LOVE my crew..anybody that knows me and has been around me knows this. But I needed to get away for a bit, just to relax. All I did was read my book, my bible, watch a couple of movies, eat when I wanted, had some good chats. It was one of the biggest blessings I've received. This place was breathtaking. The house was called the "Serendipity House" and I don't know that I've ever known what that word actually meant.....until yesterday. The owners have a book with different bits of info and on the front was the definition of serendipity......."unexpected pleasure"............and it truly was. My heart was so full I thought it would burst with gratitude. And I came back with some new resolve, some rest behind me, more gratitude for what God has given me.

Thank you God for giving me some time to be still. Thank you for loving me. I love you so much! amen.

I hope you people out there in blogland are experiencing overwhelming blessing in your life. I know that God has his hands in each one of your lives.....I know this because I read what you write about on your blogs and can see clearly the hand of the Father at work in your lives. Thank you guys for remaining faithful all these years.........you are a part of my life that I love to reflect on........Tim and Kim, Amy and Jeff, Angie, Heather and Jason, Heather W., Jason and Michelle, Carolyn, Claire, Sarah, Lisa, Doug, and the list could go on and on and on! Sorry if you're reading this and I didn't mention you by name. I only know these for sure because they have a commented before. If you are lurking....come on out and join the party. Actually, the party is usually over at Angie's blog or Sarah's at present. Anyway...much love to you all. It's good to be home.

flee

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flee, Serendipity House sounds like bliss! I'm glad you got to recharge your batteries for a couple of days, it's true, we all ought to have that on a regular basis :)

Rachel said...

I am so thankful you were able to get some well needed and deserved rest! All of us as moms love our children so deeply, but we all also know what it is to need a break and have some quiet time. I'm glad you were able to do that. Love ya girl!

Lisa said...

I think I'm going to get a massage this week. We have early out and no school Friday due to the boys basketball team making it to the state championship. Ah, the small town! Of course, we have to give up a 4 day Easter weekend. Oh, well.

Glad you got some R&R and to be just "Flee". I want a Serendipity House! Or a Serenity House or Tranquility House or an Outside the Boundaries of Time House with Every Book, Movie, and Food I've Ever Loved. Yeah, that'd be nice. I'm so glad to find your blog, I miss you.

The Gearharts said...

I want to go to the Serendipity house too, then I want a massage with Lisa. I want to be able to sit and read a book. Amazing how that is such an impossible thing with kids around. Amazing that God continues to show us stuff. I makes me realize how little I still know. I am so Glad he continues loving us. I am glad our paths crossed and I still get to keep up with you.
Amy G

Su said...

Everyone is lurking on my blog... I see from my stat counter that they have been there, and yet no comments...

Anonymous said...

Flee - I just want to tell you how much I am enjoying getting to know you, if not in person, than through your blog. I cannot wait to get to spend time with not only Donna, but you as well at Easter. How beautiful it is to be a Christian and to be able to share friends as we do.