Friday, February 23, 2007

OK People.....

You know how when you are doing really good, and sensing the Spirit working in your life, and you are hearing the Father more clearly? Yeah, well, I was having a few weeks of that....feeling good....obeying the Father's leading....things were just easy. Well...that has all come crashing back down to reality. The reality? That life happens. Good and bad. And yet through it all, God is not far away. I was reading in Lamentations 3 of all places this week, about how GOD causes the good and the ill (NAS). He doesn't take pleasure in seeing us suffer, but he causes it. What? Did I read that right? I always thought Satan was behind most of the "bad" stuff in our lives. I am still chewing on that one. But right in the middle of all of that was the verse that "Great is thy Faithfulness" is taken from.

"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness."

Like a gentle spring breeze, on a sunny day, was this verse to my soul. I am committing it to memory.

We've had a tough few days. Sydney is sick again and it just drains me. She is so fussy and unhappy and just wants to lay or sit on me. I've also been sick the last couple of days. Asher and Sienna are saying they don't feel good either. Todd's mom was having a very invasive biopsy this week to determine if there was more cancer. It's also been 7 years since Todd's dad passed away this week. And yet, in the middle of all of this "stuff", I know that God is still near. Does this "stuff" change what I know to be true? No. But it still stinks.

So, I would appreciate prayers for me and my family. Tuesday we take Sydney to Little Rock, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and we would really appreciate your prayers for her. We just need to get some answers.

Nothing special here...just venting. Thanks in advance.

6 comments:

The Gearharts said...

Prayers are being lifted up. There seem to be so many right now that are struggling with sickness. It is one of the hardest things to endure with children. We send our love

Carolyn said...

Flee,

Just checked your blog after a morning with a vomiting child of my own! Chaser is just fine now - bounced back to normal real quick so that is good - can be tough to maintain the patience levels tho. I am ready to hear about how Sydney's results come out. I might give you a call if I get a minute - Benjy kindly took Reece to work at the coffee shop tonight so I should have some down time.

Love & prayers,
Carolyn

Unknown said...

I am praying for you right now. I am always so encouraged by your "God is good" mantra. It's tough to know whether hard times are "thorns in the flesh" or opportunities for God to show his power over weakness. I am encouraged that no matter which it is God is sovereign and kind...I am not afraid to be in his hands;you remind me of that Flee. So thanks.

Peace, Heather

P.S. We are going to be in Tulsa for the workshop...will I see you?

flee said...

Thank you all....Amy, Care and Heather...for your words of encouragement and prayers on our behalf. It means more to me than you can know! I promise to update the blog as soon as I can tomorrow with some results. For the most part, I have alot of peace about all of this. Thanks again so much.

Heather...I really want to come to Tulsa and I'm working on making it happen. I probably will have to come without my husband because he is knee deep in school and teaching. If I'm there, I will find you! We need to do some serious catching up.

Love you all..flee

Lisa said...

My prayers are with you, Felicia, and your family. Sorry it took me so long to visit your blog! I can see I've been missing out.
Love you!

TREY MORGAN said...

Flee ...

Hey girl. Finally found you. Looked for your blog a while back but didn't know how to get here. Maybe you had me blocked ;)

Beautiful kids. They look so much like you. I'm glad you and Todd are well. I'm anxious to read your posts.

I'm looking forward to going to Mexico City this summer and spending a week with James & Erin. I love it down there.

We've got a group of AIMers coming for about 3 days before the Tulsa Worshop to work, play and fellowship. Looking forward to it. Taylor, who is now 17, is planning on doing AIM next year.

Blessings,

Trey