Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Asher and Sienna...

My kids are funny. Last night, as I was tucking Asher in bed, he told me that sometimes he wakes up a little early before Sienna (she sleeps in his room) and does pushups. I told him that was good and it would make him really strong. So this morning, I woke him up, and without hesitation, he plopped down on the ground and started doing his pushups. I asked him who told him he should do that, and he said, no one, just thought of it on my own. He said, "I want to do them so that I will live longer." I just smiled and then I frowned a bit thinking of how short life is. When you are young, you think you are immortal.

And then just a Sienna thing. Last night, I was doing something on the computer for a minute, and Sienna was right behind me, like a shadow. She really does follow me around everywhere. I finally asked her, "Sienna, why do you have to be right next to me all the time?" To which she casually replied, "because I love you mommy." I was SO humbled!!! I hugged her and told her I loved her too.

I love my kids!!!

Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

flee said...

Hey everybody....I forgot to post this, but if you could, pray for Sydney. We are taking her to Little Rock next Tuesday to have some lab work done. We will be seeing the chief of pediatric hematology at Children's Hospital. She is fine, but for about two months, she wasn't. She was tested for mono about 3 weeks ago and it came back negative. But in doing the CBC, it was discovered that she is very anemic. I told the Dr. that I have a rare form of anemia and he said it could be that she has the same thing. That is what my gut is telling me too. He assured me that he didn't think it was a bone marrow issue, so that made me feel better. But just to make sure, we are having her looked at by the experts. Just say a prayer for her, that it isn't anything big. Thanks! I'll post an update after the appt.

Desiree said...

Isn't it awesome how moments like that open our eyes. It reminds me of how child-like we should be. Anyone can see how much your kids love and admire you, me too. Have a powerful/prayerful day.

Rachel said...

I think moments like that help us to realize what big impacts we are to our children--both good and bad! Madison tells us all the time we need to make sure we are eating healthy. They watch us right down to the tinyest thing we do. Scary really!

We will definitely be praying for Sydney! Love ya girl!

Unknown said...

Your baby girl is in our prayers! I think as moms we all have those days where we are reminded that we have these little people who think we are the greatest thing! Aside from all the "to do" that comes with kids so does that "kid" love that makes it all worth while. I know you gave that girl a hug AND a kiss! Love you lots-Heather