Thursday, February 08, 2007

Friends...






This is Sydney's friend, Abby. We see Abby alot and Sydney loves her. Sienna loves her too. We all do. I like that Sydney is learning the "ropes" with Abby. They are typical toddlers....they have a love/hate relationship! One minute they are hugging, the next they are fighting over a silly thing. But most of the time, Sydney is calling Abby's name anytime we get within viewing distance of Abby's house.
I've been reminded recently about the importance of friends. These girls may grow up together....I don't know. I wonder sometimes about what they will be like, even if they will still be friends. When I was growing up, I had friends, but no one that I still keep in touch with. I have a few friends from college days that I keep up with, but really no on from childhood days. My mom has a childhood best friend that she talks to weekly. Another friend of mine keeps up with her childhood friends. It's interesting to me because some people just stick, you know?
I wonder if Jesus saw childhood friends as an adult? I wonder if those people stuck? Seems like his closest relationships came later in life. It was important to Jesus to have his safe place. On another blog, a friend wrote about the "discipline of spiritual friendship" and I had never thought of that as a discipline before. Neat concept though. Jesus entrusted himself, his heart, to few. They were better for it too.
My kids are blessed as they get to share life with some great kids. I'm blessed knowing their parents. I am very grateful for the people God has put in my life here and now, and in the past. I have been fortunate to cross paths with some amazing people that reflect the Father so clearly, it's humbling. Thank you Father, for blessing my family with people that love you and love us. Thank you for the opportunities you give me to nurture and grow in those relationships, over coffee and over the internet. I know that you are a God who gives and takes away. For now, God, I thank you for allowing my cup to overflow. Thank you for giving me another glimpse of you and of heaven through the relationships you allow me to share in. Bless them all as you know them better than me, wherever they may be all over the world. Amen.
If you haven't taken them time to tell someone that has been a blessing to you how much you appreciate them, do so. Hey, it's almost Valentines Day anyway...the month o love!!!!
Spread the love!
Flee

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to you Friend! I clicked on you to check in and was soo glad you updated! I was just studying this today actually!! That Jesus struggled through his trial of the cross with prayer and friendship...in gesthsemane. I like to think I would have been a better friend to Jesus than those guys especially in His hour of need! Shhesh!! But I am thankful too that even Jesus valued friends. Makes talking on the phone and blogging seem kinda...neccesary! Lots of love to you and your family! Heather

Sarah said...

Your kids are so cute! I just read Tim's blog and saw your comment! It is so hard to believe that you have all been married 8 years. That is CRAZY! I remember your wedding well. You were a stunning bride!

I love you!

flee said...

HEATHER...hey, you know I think that we got jipped....not enough time together! I was supposed to be in your AIM class...don't know if you knew that or not...but decided to play college basketball instead. I'm thankful though for being able to reconnect with you even the little bit we have. I really enjoy reading your blog and am usually inspired to be better. I saw your comment on Angie's blog and wanted to tell you that I may try to go to the workshop as well. Would LOVE to hang out! Love you girl...

SARAH...THANK YOU so much..that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long time. I had alot of fun that day. I really loved my dress and still have it. If you need to borrow it at some point, I'd be happy for you to have it and am certain it would fit you easily!! Let me know. I was thinking about you the other day...a very random memory...remember the time we all played hide and go seek in the church building at Pioneer Park and there was a really bad storm happening? That was some fun times man! So glad to be able to keep up with you...Todd is insanely jealous when I tell him the things you are doing! His time will come. Still praying for you girl...love you...flee

Anonymous said...

Hey Flee, I am very thankful that I was blessed with your friendship. Heather and her class were definitely jipped but I'm selfishly glad ;)

The friends I made in AIM have turned out to be the most enduring friends in my life. I miss you!

flee said...

CLAIRE....I was talking to Melissa TODAY and I was telling her how a bunch of us have reconnected through blogs and was pressuring her into jumping on the wagon with us. I told her about yours especially. I'm just so blown away at how talented you are. I miss you too. I'm so grateful that we get to stay connected. Any chance you guys coming this way anytime soon?? We may go to Greece in the summer of '09 to teach for the summer. I know that is a while from now, but would love to somehow hook up.

Lots of love to you and your family Claire!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa definitely needs to join the blogging party! I feel like I've gotten to hang out with everyone for the first time in ages.

I would love to visit everyone, I talk about doing a huge tour of America and Mexico and dropping in on all my old friends. It would take forever but what a trip that would be!

Thanks for liking my blog, it means an awful lot to me.

Anonymous said...

I was very proud of both of us "stretching" today (at least is was a stretch for me!). Isn't that great how God through the Holy Spirit puts things on your heart and then they replay in the days to come! I love when that happens. I am so thankful for your friendship and thankful that we have the opportunity to teach our children "how" to be good friends together...for this season at least. Love ya!

tim rush said...

You're kids are so cute! And your blog is always encouraging to read.

God bless your day.

Hope to see you in Tulsa.

The Gearharts said...

I was going through a box that use to be a keep sake box. It is now a....art supply box. When I forgot why something was sentimental I threw it away. I have two things of sentiment left at the bottom. One was the songbook we all made in Slovakia. To be honest I was about to throw it away, but I thought I would look through it. It had notes from everyone that was there with us. I read the notes, sung a few songs and put it back in the box. Thanks for your note so long ago. My life is richer for having you in it. I am glad I still get to kinda talk to you and keep up with you.
I always knew your kids would be gorgeous.
Amy G

flee said...

Lil Amy...I think about those times as well. I have no clue what I wrote to you in that song book, but I'm sure I meant every word of it!!!!! Igualmente!

I am very thankful that we got to do what we did together. I will always treasure that time in my heart. You were and are still such a blessing. I know that God is using you there! I love you..flee