Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pretty cool...

Just a quick post to say that I am so proud of Asher. He has been reading this Beginning Reader's Bible all evening and he is so proud of himself. In fact, after class tonight at church, instead of running around and playing with his friends (those of you who live here or have visited know what I'm talking about...it's crazy with kids) he sat in a corner, reading his Bible. He read it all the way home, a whole 3 minutes, but still, he read while he was doing a breathing treatment and just seems to be so excited that he can read all of a sudden!! I mean, he's been able to read for some time now, but says he can't. I'm very thankful for the confidence growing in him to try things that may seem hard, and even more so that he picked up his Bible!! God is good. My thoughts tonight are that I pray that the Lord is blessing your families as well.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so special! I think one of the best things is watching them develop their love for the Lord. We have an awesome Christian radio station here and I love listening to Madison sing the songs. It is precious!

Syndey has grown so much! Cute pic.

flee said...

AmyB...girl..that chapter on Love was so "in my face" and I love being around you girls. Thanks for letting me come.

Rachel..hey girl...I know about the songs. Asher will belt out "Lifesong" anytime it comes on and I love it too. He took his Bible to school today and I told Kacy (Barden) if he has time to kill to let him read it because he told me this morning.."mom, this is my favorite thing to do now." I just melted. Hope you're doing good. Do you have a blog?

Carolyn said...

Yay! I am so glad to see you start this up! Way to go. I loved hearing that Asher is reading his Bible - nothing can make us as parents more proud than when our kids take spiritual steps. Tell him we are proud of him!

Love you and hopefully we can talk soon,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Saint Asher, has a ring to it, don't you think?! Along with you, we're proud of him. Erin and I read your blog this a.m., and loved seeing the picture of your beautiful kids! Glad to be in touch, James and Erin

Anonymous said...

Leave a comment: Take 2

Not sure what happened to my first comment. Lost somewhere in cyberspace, no doubt!

I'm so glad you're blogging.

Children are so inspirational... I'm looking forward to hearing more of their journeys through your blog. Hopefully they'll re-ignite the flames that have slowed to a flicker in some areas of our lives. Bless those babies!

Angie said...

Not sure why the comment didn't show the link to my blog... gonna try it again...