Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm still here.....

Howdy hoo to all of you that read this silly old thing.

We've been a bit busy around my place and I took a bit of a sabbotical as well from blogging. I could spend hours reading blogs and posting, but don't really have that kind of time in the day to do that.

But just a quick update on the Patten's. We will be spending Thanksgiving with family and are looking forward to that. Halloween came and went so quickly. I tried posting some pics, but yet again, was unsuccessful! Ok so Rachel...let me know how you get all those pics on yours and then all the comments in between and all that fun stuff. I need some help.

Asher is doing great in school and so is Sienna. They both love it. Sienna says she's tired of Pre-K though, because they take long naps. That's funny because I know she heard Asher say the very same thing last year....he really never slept, but Sienna snoozes the entire nap time usually. She wants to go to Kindergarten though. We feel this is a good sign. She will probably do a half day Kinder next year.

Asher is really starting to take off reading on his own. His aunt and uncle bought him some "Magic Tree House" books and he LOVES them. I am so excited to see his love for books coming alive! He reads really well and is gaining more and more confidence in himself.

Sienna is always telling me that she's pretending to be a teenager.....yes, she's 4. I'm in for it, I know. Sienna LOVES to bake anything, especially in her EasyBake Oven. She LOVES makeup and jewelry and anything girly....but it's cool because she isn't so girly that she won't go make a good mud pie or wrestle with her brother. She is such a blessing though. Our family wouldn't be the same without her.

And Sydney...well, let's just say she is following suit!! She is as feisty as Sienna ever thought about being at 18 months old...and BUSY. I guess the girls can keep each other busy. Sydney loves to dance and throw in her two cents in whatever conversation is going on. She is also starting to dress up alot now, with high heels and all, a purse, necklace usually and a stroller with either a baby in it, or her sippy cup. Go figure! For the most part, she is happy. She says "apple, na-na, Ashoo (Asher), dada, mama, ook (look), bas (bath), shoe, so (sock), baw (ball), No, sta (stop), biboo (bible), sasha (sorry)" and a few other things I can't make out yet. She loves to talk.

Todd, well, he is one busy man. He's at the end of another semester trying to finish up classes. He's good though. He is a good teacher and a good student. He's an awesome dad and husband. He wears alot of different hats and still finds time to go fishing once in a while with Asher. We love him. I love him.

I'm good. Just feeling very thankful at this time of year. Hope you all are too.

God bless!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are still surviving. Jeff and I were starting to wonder. I know you have your hands full. Abby hasn't said anything about being a teanager, but she says when she is 9 she is going to have 5 babies. I tell her she needs to find a cure for cancer, then she can have babies (as well as the husband first talk) We are coming to the states in December. Are you going to be in Lubbock?

Carolyn said...

Flee,

Good to hear from you on this thing. Sounds like life is good! I like the kids' update - good to hear what they are up to. Sure would be fun to have some time together. What are you guys doing for the holidays? Will you be in Texas by any chance in the early New Year?

I never catch you inlone anymore -we should plan a time to catch up.


Love ya,
Care

flee said...

AMY and CARE...hey..yes my hands are full...but my cup runneth over! Yes, we will be in Lubbock after Christmas. We will be in Dallas from about the 20th until the 26th...then we'll head to Lubbock on the 26th and be there until around the 1st, I think. Will we be able to meet up with all of you at some point? Oh let it be!!!

Love you both girls...and Care we are in Lubbock right now and I'll try to catch up with you when we get back.

Happy Thanksgiving...and hope you guys get some Turkey down there!! Love you..

Lara said...

Felicia,

Glad to hear you guys are well! Been missing your blogging, but I understand the busyness of life. There are just so many good things.

Travel home safely!

Lara :)

Rachel said...

Hey girl,

Glad to here everything is going well. When I get time, I will try and send an email on how to post those pics. Not hard, just time consuming sometimes. Love ya girl!

tim rush said...

Good to hear you are still hanging on in Searcy. Fun to hear about the kids.

We just got back from the mountains. Very FUN! We shared a cabin with the Gearharts and got to spend lots of time with so many from our days in Lubbock. Too much fun!

Happy Holidays. Tim

Anonymous said...

Felicia
One time when we were in school together in Lubbock, I was really down, and you came in. You actually read me 2 Cor 4 - Hard pressed but not crushed.....jars of clay, and then you sang me a song. Most spirutally encouraging thing anyone has done for me in a time of pain. Thank you.

Carolyn said...

Flee,

Hey - how are you? Listen, wondering if you will be in Dallas or Lubbock in early Jan. We would love to hook up with you guys...Benjy will be in Abilene Jan 8-12 for a class - I will be somewhere...looks like maybe Lubbock with the Millers. Any chance? Hope you are doing well - we have been doing great, life has been crazy. Thanksgiving, Missionary retreat, our anniversary, Chase's 2nd birthday... Life should slow down now for a bit! Hope you are having a good almost Christmas time (I love it!). Keep in touch - love ya, Care

Carolyn said...

Flee, Kay - I just read your comments and saw that you already posted your times to be in Texas - man, looks like we will miss each other. Grrrrr. Can you extend your Texas stay??? :)

Love, Care

Rachel said...

Hey girl! Just checking in and making sure everything there is going well for your fam. Have you had any more sightings of the lady you have been praying for? Just wondering. Love ya and hope you are doing well.