Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Enemy...not too quiet

I am reminded alot that the enemy, who so badly wants to see us fail, doesn't ever stop. Why is this? I mean, I know why, I think, but why does he care? I'm thankful that Jesus has already won the war. When it comes to the battles, however, who is winning in your life? I know for me, it's a constant struggle to take myself off of the throne. I am reminded also that we, as a body, have a responsibility to do "battle" together. Are you praying for those you say you'll pray for? When you ask someone how they are doing, do you really stay around long enough to find out, or do you look over or around that person to move on to who you really want to talk to? When you see someone hurting, how does it affect you? Jesus was so good about showing us how to respond to the unlikeables and unloveables....moved with compassion, literally, a stirring in his gut. There are many around us that we may not "see", but they are hurting. Satan works hard to see them/us fail. If you're reading this, and you're having a good day, look for someone that may be on the brink of failure, and pray for them. I mean, really pray for them, on your knees. If you're reading this, and you're not having a good day, please email me, I promise I will pray for you. And remember, God is not far away.

Blessings....
thepatten5@sbcglobal.net

3 comments:

Lara said...

Yeah. I'm heading to the doc now to see if I have strep. My throat has never hurt this bad. Then I overreacted to my son's small disobedience this morning--probably out of my fever and feeling like crap. Oh, the joys of motherhood. Thanks for your post today. It IS time we start opening our eyes to those around us.

flee said...

Lara...I'm sorry you're sick. What did the dr. say? I'll say a prayer for you. I know that it is so hard to care for everyone else when you yourself feel like junk. I am actually in TX right now and my allergies have been irritated. So I am right there with you!! Hope all is well now. I'm looking forward to this "Gathering" and seeing what God will do!

Donna Strachan said...

Hello- um, you need to write a book or something girl!! What amazing insight and so eloquently written! You are a precious friend and I'm so proud to know you and learn from you. You definitely live what you speak and that is evident to everyone! God uses you to bless others and anyone who knows you feels confident that when you say you'll pray for us, you really do and you follow up too! Thanks for being such a prayer warrior and for encouraging us to do the same!
Love you, Donna